Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 48 & 49 - Catching up

I'm finishing up seeing everyone that I could see while in California and it's both happy and sad.  While on the road I feel disconnected from friends and family, not as much as I did while on the ship...but a little.  Facebook helps alot to keep up on day to day happenings of most people, but you still miss out on the "real stuff".  Friends that see each other frequently have the inside scoop on what's going on in each other's lives, they have their inside jokes and stories and I get to "catch up" when I am around for a coffee date, or lunch, or game night.  I don't mean to sound like I'm having a pity party...it's just the way life is I guess. 

I love seeing my friends while I am home; it's always a happy get together for a few hours, but it does make it hard to say goodbye. 

On a happier note... Laci and I went out to breakfast at this great little place in Pasadena with a very yummy tofu and vegan cheese scramble and a soy latte the size of my head!  Here are some pics:


This is the place.

This is the head sized latte.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment