Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 28-30 New Years Eve, New Years Day, People who need people

New Years Eve was a pretty exciting day. Everyone was a buzz about what they were doing to ring in the new year. My plan was to go up to Jesse's (Company Manager) with Ryan (Associate CM) and Brigid (Lead Wardrobe) to share some champagne and eat beans. The bean eating was one of Jesse's family traditions. At the stroke of midnight you eat a spoonful of beans and this will bring you wealth, good fortune, and health in the new year. I was down with it and ate nearly half a can of beans...it doesn't hurt.

New Years Day I spent in bed with the expected champagne headache...I woke up at 10am and ate a tofurkey sandwich, took a nap, woke up watched the docu "The Beautiful Truth"...hello...amazing! Took a nap, woke up, had a tofutti better than cream cheese sandwich with tomatoes and red onion...yummy, took a shower and headed into work.

As much as I had set up 2010 to be something amazing it really just felt like another day....until showtime. When the show started I started to feel really happy...how blessed was I to work on such a great show. I started thinking about future job interviews and how I will be asked about my time spent with Riverdance, what was my experience like...it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I love my job very much and look forward to these next 5 months together with some of the most talented and lovable people I have ever known.

Living on the road and being single is always a strange thing...I'm sure people on the road who are married would say the same. The lifestyle itself is unlike anything else. It's strange because you go on day after day without much personal contact and you don't realize how much you miss it until you have it. Spending time with my family with all the hugs and kisses really makes you realize how much you need those things. It's been proven that babies will die without human contact in their first few months of life, so it makes me wonder how long adults can live without this kind of personal touch. The cast is a pretty huggy bunch so we do get enough to get by and it's nice to have some friends close enough to lean on...but it does make you wonder.

Peace and love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hope this means that you're rethinking the whole no kids/single idea! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete