Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 46 & 47 - Joel and Fofi's Bday and LA rain


On the 18th Lindsay and I took Joel out to see the movie Nine and treated him to lunch for his birthday. Nine was better than I thought it was going to be, but really wasn't much of a movie. I hope that it made a better impact on stage. There were parts of the movie that were really awesome (Fergie's Performance) and the lighting and set were great, but the rest of the performances were pretty good...or maybe it was the script I didn't care for...or the direction. It was nice to go out with Linz and Joel and talk about the usual theatre stuff and catch up on all the gossip.

Later that night Lindsay and I headed over to Fofi's house for a game night to celebrate his bday. It was a lot of fun! It took around 3 hours to get through a game of cranium with lots of yelling and laughter, homemade chicago style pizza and ice cream cake. My tastes are changing when it comes to food now. Our friend Rob made the pizza and wanted everyone to have some. I love Rob and I love his cooking...but cheese just isn't the same for me anymore. The ice cream cake on the other hand...well...we all know how I feel about those yummy baked goods. The last time I had actually eaten real cake would have to be in early November because I had vegan cake for my birthday on Nov. 30th.

Today was awesome. The rain stopped and you could see the most beautiful blue sky and the air was very clear. As I walked to the theatre I passed by so many different types of people living here for many different reasons. The guy with his guitar case I imagined to be the next up and coming alternative rocker, the woman rushing by with a cup of starbucks is probably on her way to a production meeting for a new show...all really exciting. When I lived in LA I felt like everyone was very self involved, but I think it's a must in this city...it will eat you alive if you're not looking out for yourself. There is some kind of hopefullness in this city that is a little sickening for my taste, but really motivating for others.

I was really happy to see my friends while here and feel reconnected to my life in southern california. Here are some pics from today after the rain. I will miss it here...more than I would like to admit.

Nearly sunset...so beautiful!


The intersection by the Pantages...what a beautiful sky! 

Love and peace,
Kim xo

No comments:

Post a Comment