Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 66 - HOTEL IDIOTS

One of the biggest pet peeves for myself and several others on this tour (as well as most tours I would imagine) is when the village idiot is allowed to work the front desk.  They never seem to be working the busy part of the day....just the time of the day when very tired people who have just poured off a bus at 3am are coming to check in after doing a load out and having to be up in 3 hours to do a load in.  Or like the past 3 mornings when my phone has rang at 5:45am and then again at 5:50am.  The first morning I thought someone was calling me by mistake so I called down to ask for my phone to be put on Do Not Disturb...the idiot says "you got it!  Have a nice morning!"  The next morning it happens again.  I call down to the front desk and the same chipper guy answers, "Hi, it's me again, in 436...my phone rang again at 5:45am and I had called down yesterday to put a DND on the phone and someone is still being able to ring through or maybe there's an alarm still set on it, can you please make sure that this doesn't happen tomorrow."  He apologizes and tells me that it won't happen again.  This morning at 5:45am my phone rings. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.   I call down (now slightly annoyed) to tell the SAME GUY that my phone just rang again this morning....I want to launch into the fact that I don't go to sleep until 2am most days because I have to work until 10:30pm so I try not to get up until later in the morning and when my phone rings at 5:45am after only a couple hours of sleep it's very hard to go back to sleep and then I don't want to go to the F@%KING gym because I am tooooooo tired because my F&#KING phone won't stop ringing before the sun is even up out of her bed.....but instead I just allow him to apologize and listen to him tell me that he even wrote a note to himself to make sure to check everything on the phone, turn off any alarms, and get a DND on there.   He also tells me that today he will put in a work order because there must be something wrong with the phone lines.  I thank him and turn over to try to go back to sleep and get the 2nd phone call at 5:50am.  I noticed that it's only the phone by the bed and as much as I think that God has a great sense of humor I don't think it's him trying that hard to get me to the gym at 6am so I call back down one last time.  "Hi, it's me again.  I have some interesting information for your work order...it seems that only the bedside phone is ringing...not the one on the desk."  The idiot goes silent and then says"OHHHHHHHHH...That might have also been my fault, you see there are two phone lines in each room and I only put the DND on one phone line, but I will go ahead and add that info to the work order."  "Thanks."

I'm not one to ask for apology gifts...I'm not a freeloader and I don't want to be mistaken for one, but can we please have someone at the front desk who knows how to put the DND on both lines if there is more than one line?????? Please! 

Love and peace,
The very tired and now cranky Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment