Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 64 - Load in for Albuquerque, NM and realizing I am a crazy person when it comes to chocolate cake.

Today is my 64th day of being a vegan...or at least giving it my best shot.  I am still having a really hard time giving up the cake and ice cream.  The cake and ice cream cry out to me to eat it and I don't want to...I don't want to eat animal products anymore but if I don't eat the cake and ice cream I just want it more.  Then I give in and eat the cake and ice cream and feel AWFUL about it and beat myself up about not having any will power.  A vicious cycle.  I know.  I am totally fine if I have vegan cake around to ease my sweet tooth...it's only when I'm without a vegan delight that I am tempted into the chocolatey hell. 

Everyday I renew my vegan vows to not consume or use any animal products and most days are very successful and I am very proud of myself for having more good days than bad ones.  I just need to work on being more forgiving of myself and focus more on the things that I AM doing. 

I thought I would post some of my very favorite websites and products that I have been using and that I think are actually really cool. 

Today I just signed up here: http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/green to start getting some new tips on living a healthier, greener life. 

I am reading "The Kind Diet" and became a member of thekindlife.com  It's the book that the actress Alicia Silverstone wrote about becoming a vegan.  It's really great with lots of tips and recipes.  She posts really often on her website and seems to be a really down to earth kind of gal. 

The hair products and face products I have been using for the past month are called "Yes to Cucumbers" and they are really fantastic.  I buy them at Walgreens but I have noticed they are popping up in other stores all over the place. Here's the website:  http://www.yestocarrots.com/

Hmmmm....I think that's all I've got for now.

Time for dinner, sound check, show, sleep...in that order.

love and peace,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I admire what you are doing Kimmie! Keep blogging, keep focused and know you have supporters!!! Many of my g-free recipes are vegan as well, so I will be sure to share with you. I miss cake and ice cream, too. Having your vegan options on hand is key;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement Heather! Much love to you and the family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete