Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 54 - 63 A bit grumpy...

Day 54 -59 These several days were a big blur for some reason...I need to update more often so I don't forget all the good stuff. 



Day 60 Monday 2/1/10 – GOLDEN DAY!!!!
So one of the reasons why I haven't been updating very often is because I've been crocheting like a mad woman trying to finish a blanket for our Tour Baby's 1st Birthday!!  I spent all of Monday in bed watching A&E detective shows, napping, crocheting, and munching. 

2/2/10               Day 61 Tuesday Load in to Mesa, AZ
The load in went very smoothly.  Catherine and I made a couple trips away from the theatre because we had the time and things were going as they should….it’s so nice when this happens.  The theatre had a very nice patio outside the green room where we ate our lunch and dinner.  The weather was beautiful  and it made me want to have a BBQ  and drink margaritas…but instead…a show.  

Here's a picture of the sunrise on our way into the load in: 


2/3/10                        Day 62 Wednesday – 2 shows and Load out of Mesa, AZ
Tonight was load out…and I was happy to go.  The theatre was very beautiful but a HUGE pain in the ass.  I’m not really sure what kind of production would sit well in there because the calling and mixing position was in a hole in the middle of the audience.  Our sound guy couldn't stand because the heads of the people behind him would have been blocked (he’s not a giant….so it’s totally ridiculous) and even if he could stand the heads of the people in front of him would be interfering in hearing a good mix.  As for the PSM (in the same hole) she could hardly see the stage because of the heads of the people sitting in front of her.  Why, why, WHY would someone design a theatre like this?  It’s an honest question…please tell me.  I’m extremely curious as are many others I’m sure.  The ushers would not stop seating people during our 2nd show even though we make it VERY CLEAR TO ONLY SEAT PEOPLE IN  BETWEEN NUMBERS.  This is not helped by the fact that the ushers are nearly 200 years old and aren’t as sprite as they used to be, thus making it a very slow moving train of people.   I don’t have a problem with 200 year old people…I just think they should be sitting and enjoying the show, not distracting from it. And to top it all off the house tech guy could not be bothered to be useful and had the smallest amount of personality of anyone alive, in fact I think I’ve owned toasters with more personality than this guy….I would say he didn’t have a personality but he made a pretty good grumpster.  What did he have to be so grumpy about?  A house gig with a very self-sufficient production he didn’t have to deal with?  I mean truly…he sat in a corner waiting for me to give him the house and get clearance to start the show for Act 1 and Act 2…seriously?…seriously.  OHHHHHH….and then there were the GOD AWFUL LEDs that were chasing in Rainbow colors on the house walls (for our final show) and when I asked him if  why they didn’t go off when we opened the house he said that it’s because they had been working on them.  To which I politely asked him why they were on now when they hadn’t been on for the two previous shows while the audience was walking in?  Which he (in a very monotone way) answered “because we were working on them, they will go out with the house lights.”  I ask, “Does Catherine know about this?” “I didn’t specifically tell her” he said…..I walked off as to try and not  have my head blow off my shoulders and I hear him call after me “IS THAT A PROBLEM??”  Long story short…the LEDs were turned off… but then they were back on when Catherine went out to her hole to call the show…she had them turned off again and we just waited to see if they were going to pop back on in the middle of the show.  WHY WOULDN’T YOU TELL THE PSM THAT THE LEDS WERE GOING TO FLASH IN CRAZY RAINBOW COLORS LIKE WE ARE AT A STRIP JOINT?????  Sir…you are very grumpy and I hope you find another job that makes you happier, therefore making it a happier working environment for those around you.  I send you good thoughts in your future employments but please don’t use me as a reference. 

On another note…I had a very yummy Kashi vegan frozen dinner and it was lovely.  Some other really great things I found to munch on while here in AZ :
- ZEN SOY Chocolate soy milk single servings…awesome for a little treat!
- ZEN SOY Chocolate soy pudding…pretty tasty, but only if you miss pudding as much as I do. 
- TOFURKEY Roasted Tofurkey Flavor slices which I put on my double fiber wheat bread with spicy brown mustard and pepper jack veggie slices….YUM!!!!
- GOOD HEALTH NATURAL FOODS  Veggie Chips…awesome with the above sandwich.
-  I bought some organic fruits and veggies as well as well as a new soy protein powder for my protein shakes.  

OH...and I had my first vegan pizza at the True Food Kitchen!  Very delicious!!!  Here's the link: http://www.foxrc.com/true_food_kitchen.html

OH...one more time...I finished the baby blanket just in time for Rian's Birthday party!!! WOO HOOO!!!   Here's a pic of Rian and his new blanket and some pictures of the party:
 














 
 


2/4/10                        Day 63 Thursday – Travel Day to Albuquerque, NM 
Yesterday I was thinking about how we would be moving to a new hotel today and it made me start wondering when I stopped looking forward to seeing my new hotel room.   When I say looking forward to seeing my new hotel room I mean that I was totally excited about each new room.  I would take pictures of it and send them to Justin and my Mom and I just loved walking into the room the first time.  I don't remember staying in many hotels when I was growing up so it was always a kind of novelty.  My friend Danielle and I would stay at different hotels in Hemet "just for fun"...odd now that I look back at it, but not at the time.  It's not like I'm annoyed and upset by having to move all the time, I still really like it...it's just doesn't have me on the edge of my airplane seat like it used to.  

I'm actually really excited about going to New Mexico, it's been one of the places that I have always been drawn to though I'm not really sure why.  I hope it's as beautiful as I think it's going to be and if there were several vegan eateries around that would even be better.   

Lots of love and peace, 
Kim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment