Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 17-25 San Bernardino, San Francisco, and Travel to San Jose

Today was awesome! I was able to hunt down a personal smoothie maker so I can make protein shakes in the morning after I run and take it to work with me. San Bernardino was a slight nightmare..well the theatre anyway...but it was so awesome to see my Dad, Grandma, Great Aunt, all 3 of my Aunts, and my closest Cousin! I also got to see some of my closest friends from high school, their families, and a former co-worker...a very busy 3 days!

The travel day up to San Francisco was fun because Marty went with me. The words Travel day and veganism are practically an oxymoron. I survived off of french fries and salad. Bleh.

San Francisco was super scary because of all the crazy homeless people around the theatre, but it was sooooooo fantastic to go to Kendall's for Christmas and see the boys and my Mom. I also was able to see Renee and Karl after our final show...awesome!!

Today was the travel day to San Jose and it was great. Short trip with good conversation and great company (Allison and Craig). By the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG! We started off by eating at The Claremont Diner and I had a really yummy veggie burrito that instantly fell out of the tortilla. Allison almost got a quick photo of my near meltdown. Very tasty though. Once we got into town we dumped our bags and headed to Target. After the Target trip it was time to unpack and cram in some crocheting; Justin's parents blanket is barely 1/2 finished.

I love unpacking into my new hotel room, but only if we are there for a week or more. I like to use the regular size shampoo and conditioner bottles and my own soap...makes me feel less like a homeless person living out of a hotel room.

After unpacking I was ready for another adventure because I have my car with me while we are in Cali and it makes the world a better place to be able to drive wherever I want to. I needed some fruits and veggies, yogurt, silk soy milk, and other delicious yummies to munch on. I used my very cheap GPS system to find an Albertson's that turned out to be a mexican market...hilarious joke there God!!! Luckily I have been using Rosetta Stone to learn spanish so I was able to find the apples...and that's about it. I was a little shocked to see that they had Silk Soy Milk.

I used my handy dandy iPhone to find the nearest trader joe's and was able to pick up some real food...hummus, pita chips, veggie chips, tomatoes, onions, pears, apples, oranges, tofurkey...soy cheese with casein (Milk Protein)...what the hell? I am finding it very frustrating to find a cheese substitute. I was very tempted to dive into the wine section, but decided against it because last week was a wash with the jogging and I am ready to get back on the healthy wagon.

Ok. Time for bed, load in tomorrow morning. I still plan on putting up some back dated posts, but last week's schedule was crazy.

xo Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment